If you are a researcher with the ODU, you submit a form for applications for unfunded contracts as well as an appendix to a draft contract submitted by the other party. The ODU does not have its own model for CRADAs, as each government authority generally uses an agency-specific CRADA model, which can be used as a starting point for discussions. A Research and Development Cooperation Agreement (CRADA) is a written agreement between a private company and a government agency to work together on a project. It is one of the most important mechanisms used by federal laboratories to work with non-federal partners to achieve technology transfer objectives. It should be a flexible mechanism that can be adapted to a large number of cooperative efforts between federal and non-federal organizations and can be implemented relatively easily in a relatively short period of time. As a technology transfer mechanism, CRADA is a very useful tool for transferring federally funded research and development to the private sector. Please use standard EPA models for all Federal Technology Transfer Act (FTTA) agreements. All agreements must be verified by FTTA staff and the General Counsel`s office. Send documents to FTTA staff if they are ready to verify them.

Don`t hesitate to contact us with questions. CRADAs define the conditions for sponsored collaborative research, usually with non-federal industry partners, and are specifically designed to protect past party inventions, while allowing government and private sector research partners to negotiate the management of new discoveries or intellectual property that may result from cooperation. Research and development cooperation agreements (CRADAs) are formal research and development agreements between a federal authority (in the form of a government laboratory) and one or more non-federal parties for collaborative research and development in each area that is consistent with the federal agency`s mission. CRADAs encourage the creation of teams to solve technological and industrial problems for the benefit of the country. The government provides personnel, services, facilities, equipment, intellectual property or other resources with or without reimbursement to the non-federal party. However, the government is not authorized to make funds available to the non-federal party. The non-federal party, on the other hand, may provide personnel, services, facilities, equipment, intellectual property, resources or other resources for the research or development efforts indicated.